Monday, February 2, 2015

Guess who's back.....back again!

Hey y'all! So it's been awhile since my last blog and let me tell ya, A LOT has changed.  Well not too much, I mean I still hurt myself on a daily basis, but no incidents like running myself over.  ;)


The biggest change was the birth of our sweet baby boy Rhett James in October of 2013.  I love every minute of being his momma, biggest blessing ever! He's 15 & 1/2 months old, but by the looks of him you would think he was 2 or older....we grow em big around here! I had every intention of posting a blog or two while I was pregnant, but I was too busy stuffing my face full of food to post anything.  Ok, so I loved being pregnant after the initial 1st trimester fatigue and nausea wears off.  Don't get me wrong, pregnancy is a beautiful, beautiful thing after you get past the disgusting gas, from both ends and the puking in someone's driveway that you don't know. True story!  My poor husband was a trooper through it all!


After a certain point in pregnancy, ya know the point where ya can't see your feet and shaving your legs turns into an Olympic sport, all you really want is someone to bring you more ice cream and to tell you you're pretty.  I reached that point pretty early on considering I birthed a toddler....you think I'm joking.....I'm not...he was 9lbs 13 oz and 23" long and came home in a 3 month outfit from the hospital.  Every time I walked into the doctor I would measure a week farther a long than the last time...I think at one point I was measuring 4-5 weeks ahead of schedule....that's when we decided to do another ultrasound at 33 weeks....Rhett was guesstimated to weigh in around 6lbs.....7 WEEKS EARLY.....I just knew I would be setting the hospital record for having a 15lb baby...thankfully we stopped at close to 10!


Being a momma to this little/big man keeps me on my toes and I love every minute of it! He truly is the best thing I've ever done....this child has a personality bigger than this world and I swear he's gonna be a comedian one day.   Thankfully he looks just like his daddy and has since day 1 (even during labor and delivery as I was pushing him out the nurse said...oh he looks just like his dad....FOR REAL lady?? I'm still pushing!)...I am very fortunate to have two handsome men in my life!  There are days I don't think the kid has an ounce of me in him, which stinks since I carried him full term, but then he goes and trips over nothing and I am quickly reminded, I'm definitely in there.  ;)


I got a couple of good stories for my next blog, but I don't want to waste all my good material on my first day back....


Till the next time my friends....
Mrs. H

No comments:

Post a Comment