Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A good friend and a glass of wine....

I had heard a song not long ago, that I had forgotten about.  Recently a facebook friend of mine had this song on her page.  It really puts into perspective what I've been needing here lately.  It's called a good friend and a glass of wine...

Who died and crowned me everybody's everything
I'm even busting my butt through the weekend
By the time I get home there's not an ounce of sanity
Between the dogs, my momma's calls
Is it against the law
For me to get what I need

A good friend and a glass of wine
Someone to say it's gonna be alright
A good friend and a glass of wine
A little pick me up to get me through the night
We talk trash n' we laugh and cry
That kind of therapy money can't buy
Every now and then, every now and then
Every girl needs a good friend and a glass of wine

I don't need to jet off to no vacation for a week
I'd be happy to have a happy hour
When I'm tired and I'm fried it gets me right back on my feet
Any kind of red or white, a little sister time
It's every smart girls secret

A good friend and a glass of wine
Someone to say it's gonna be alright
A good friend and a glass of wine
A little pick me up to get me through the night
We talk trash n' we laugh and cry
That kind of therapy money can't buy
Every now and then, every now and then
Every girl needs a good friend and a glass of wine

I'm not saying the whole song pertains to me, but the chorus definitely does.  I guess when they say your friends change when you get married, they are right.  I still try to talk/keep in touch with people, but it's just not the same.  I'd like to visit with my girlfriends more, or find a couple Andrew and I can hang out with more, but with everyones busy life schedules it just doesn't happy that way.  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with just my husband and our pooch, but sometimes it's nice just to have someone to call to meet up with for a short while.  I've been trying to let go of things and people that aren't good for me and opening up my heart for people that truly care.  It's a tough process, but one I think will be good for me in the longrun.

This weekend, I get to go to Indianapolis with my girl Meatball (Ashlynn), I know what you're thinking, "why in the world does she call her meatball?"  She calls me Dutch, it's just our thing!  Her maid of honor has done a wonderful job of setting everything up for this weekend, she even came up with/found a super cute idea for the theme.  It's called wiggin' out.  We will all be decked out in our finest wigs when we go out on the town.  I tried to find a crazy wig, but I decided to stick with my red Lucille Ball wig.  It's a beaut, let me tell you.  Although I have no intentions of going out and causing a ruckus, I will be wearing a wig, so I may start an all out bar brawl and run! Ok I'll be honest, it'll be a fast paced walk....we all know I am NO runner.  All kidding aside, it'll be nice for some shopping and bachelorette fun with the girls.  I couldn't be more happy for my Meatball....She is truly blessed to have found Jeff, the day she told me about him, I knew he was the one for her.  Let's just say, I wasn't going to let Meatball go too easily because of a past idiot, but those fears were quickly put aside when I met him.  Can't wait to be a part of their special day!






I know it's not wine, but it's good friends and a mug of beer! ;)
Cheers my friends,

Mrs. H

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture! Things sure do change as time goes by, don't they? Good friends are hard to come by. It's easier said than done, but once you let go of the people who bring you down and let the good people in, it feels so wonderful. You have a good heart & are full of humor... Who wouldn't wanna be your friend? :) love ya D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Time does change things that's for sure. I do agree good friends are hard to come by, that's why you have to appreciate them that much more. Thanks for putting a smile on my face! Love ya too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate to this post! I think our friends are always changing as our lives change. Sometimes it's hard to realize that it's time to step away from a friendship, but I've always found that God provides the right people at that point in my life. Not to say I've never felt lonely- pregnant at 19 and married at 20 def. made for a lonely few years!!

    ReplyDelete